Individual SCARS Membership
SCARS Offers Two Types Of Membership
Membership in SCARS Scam Victim Support & Recovery Groups – No Cost support.AgainstScams.org
SCARS STAR Membership which includes many benefits – $15 per year join.AgainstScams.org
Free Support & Recovery Group SCARS Membership
Support & Recovery Groups SCARS Membership
- SCARS support & recovery services are free of cost
- They allow scam victims to participate in the exclusive SCARS support & recovery program.
To join one of our groups please visit support.AgainstScams.org
We offer THREE Tiers of support for Scam Victims
- New Victims Support & Recovery Group
- Survivors Support & Recovery Group for victims who have more than 9 months since their scam ended
- Thriver Social Group for ex-scam victims who have substantially recovered and want to stay connected to other victims
- We also offer a dedicated Support Group for the families and friends of scam victims separate from our victims’ groups
To apply for participation in our SCARS Support & Recovery Groups please visit support.AgainstScams.org
SCARS STAR Memberships
Survivor Thriver Avoid Recover!
SCARS STAR Membership
STAR™ – Survivor Thriver Avoid & Recover!™
SCARS Annual STAR Worldwide Membership
- SCARS Membership is Now Available
- SCARS Membership is Available Worldwide
- SCARS Membership is Available for Scam Victims (Survivors), Family & Friends, and Supporters of SCARS
- The minimum age for SCARS Membership is 13, but one must be 18 to receive Counseling/Therapy benefits without a Parent’s Permission
THIS INCLUDES ALL OF OUR BENEFITS TO OUR SCARS STAR MEMBERS
Become a member of the world’s largest online crime victims’ assistance, support & recovery, and crime prevention organization! Your membership helps support SCARS’ work in helping scam victims around the world and our efforts to reduce crime by working with law enforcement.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR SCARS STAR MEMBERSHIP?
These are the initial benefits, more will be announced as they become available!
SCARS STAR Membership
- Free one-month of online therapy support is provided through our partnership with BetterHelp – worldwide in over 200 countries – a $320 value. Includes up to 4 sessions to help you get started on your full recovery. Includes a 15% discount on continuing therapy or counseling after that.
- Free SCARS Self-Help publications for digital download.
- Discount on SCARS Printed Books and Merchandise
- Exclusive monthly Zoom Call with the SCARS Team
- Exclusive Members’ Only SCARS contact email address
- Exclusive Members’ Only Group on Facebook
- Exclusive Members’ Only SCARS Merchandise
- Exclusive access to new printed publications before the general public
- You also get the gratitude of victims who will benefit from SCARS support which is made possible by your membership!
- Membership can be a gift for someone else with their consent
When you join us as a SCARS STAR Member:
- 1 (one) year membership
- Includes all STAR Member Benefits
- May be purchased as a gift for another person
- Available worldwide – some restrictions may apply*
- * Not available for residents in Africa (except for South Africa & Namibia), China/PRC (except for Hong Kong and Macau), North Korea, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Cuba, Venezuela, Russia, and Belarus – the list is subject to change without notice.
After you purchase your SCARS Membership you will receive a confirmation email. In addition, you will receive an invitation email from BetterHelp within 5 to 14 days.
SCARS STAR Memberships FAQs
SCARS STAR Membership FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there any cost?
A. Yes, $15. Our Support Groups are always FREE. But our STAR Membership has a small cost because it includes many valuable benefits which are included in the cost. We have to charge a small fee because there is a cost to SCARS for each member.
Q. Are there any benefits to being a Member?
A. Yes, SCARS offers many benefits for its STAR Members – see above.
Q. To become a SCARS STAR Member, do I need to be a scam victim?
A. No, everyone is welcome to become a SCARS STAR Member – subject to certain limitations.
Q. Can I display my SCARS STAR Membership Badge on my own website or Social Media Profile?
A. Yes. As long as it is your own personal blog or social media profile. SCARS STAR Membership is not for businesses, anti-scam groups, or other nonindividuals. And subject to the Membership Terms & Conditions.
Q. What is the difference between an Individual or an Organization or a Group?
A. Organizations are registered and incorporated entities. They can be non-profit or otherwise. A Group is a collection of individuals that are not incorporated or registered with the government. Organizations have formal Boards of Directors, legal By-Laws, and officers. An Individual is just themself.
Q. How long will it take to get my SCARS STAR Membership
A. It is immediate, however, all memberships are reviewed prior to charging the membership fee, You purchase your SCARS STAR Membership visit join.AgainstScams.org – if there are any issues or concerns please email us at membership@AgainstRomanceScams.org
Q. Can I report scammers to SCARS?
A. Yes, you can on our www.AnyScam.com website
Q. Do you have a Members Only section?
A. Yes, it is being expanded as we speak. That information will be sent to you by email after your SCARS STAR Membership has been approved.
Q. Why is SCARS Membership important?
A. SCARS Membership tells the world that you care about what is happening with online fraud and want the governments around the world to take immediate action to stop it. Your membership adds weight to our demands and discussions with Law Enforcement, Social Media, and others. It tells them that we have the voice of millions behind us either as direct members or the organizations or groups that are our members and the power to extend that voice around the world.
It also provides you with important benefits that include a free month of counseling or therapy through our partnership with BetterHelp.com
Q. Does SCARS Make Money Of Off My BetterHelp Services?
A. NO! We were able to offer the free month of counseling because of our partnership with BetterHelp.com. SCARS does not receive any commission or payment from BetterHelp for its continuing services after the 4 sessions are over.
Q. Does SCARS Have Access To Any Of My Patient Records For My BetterHelp Sessions?
A. No, that is exclusively between you and the individual therapist. Anything you send to your therapist is hosted on BetterHelp’s robustly secured AWS cloud and will be between you and your therapist. If a member agrees, a licensed therapist on the BetterHelp Clinical Operations Team may review correspondence they have with their therapist for quality assurance purposes. In addition, our internal Legal or Trust and Safety teams may review correspondence for specific accounts, if we have a reason to believe that there is a security, legal, fraud or abuse issue occurring on that specific account.
Q. My question has not been answered here. What should I do?
A. If your question is still unanswered, please submit your question through one of our social media pages on Facebook or by emailing us at contact@AgainstScams.org. We want to make sure that you feel comfortable in becoming a member. We will do everything possible to get back to you ASAP.
Q. Can My Membership Be Canceled?
A. Yes. There are two ways your membership can be canceled. 1. You can voluntarily cancel your membership at any time – no refund will be provided. 2. Your membership can be revoked dues to misconduct or ethical abuses in violation of the SCARS Code of Conduct and Membership Terms and Conditions – – no refund will be provided. To discuss these issues please contact us at members@AgainstScams.org
SCARS STAR Membership BetterHelp.com Benefit
SCARS Offers A Unique Benefit To Scam Victims Through Its Partnership With BetterHelp
Through our partnership with BetterHelp we offer you a month full month (up to 4 sessions*) of free online therapy (this offer does not apply to current, active members with BetterHelpfor) with Professional Licensed Psychologists! Professional, licensed, and vetted therapists who you can trust!
You are able to tap into the world’s largest online network of licensed, accredited, and experienced therapists who can help you with a range of issues including depression, anxiety, relationships, trauma, grief, and more. With their therapists, you can get the same professionalism and quality you would expect from an in-office therapist, but with the ability to communicate via phone, video, and live chat.
The following has been provided by BetterHelp*
With 25,000+ licensed therapists, BetterHelp‘s diverse and clinically versatile provider network can allow them to match our members based on their preferences, needs, and location making sure they get the support they need and deserve.
BetterHelp is available in over 200 countries worldwide!
To purchase your One Year SCARS STAR Membership please visit join.AgainstScams.org
BetterHelp Benefit – How It Works
- After joining the SCARS STAR Membership you will receive an invitation to go to BetterHelp – this typically takes from 5 to 14 days to be sent to you.
- There will be a link in the invitation that will take you to the BetterHelp questionnaire. This allows you to completely describe your needs and issues. Once you complete your questionnaire, your free month starts, and you will be matched with a licensed therapist typically within 48 hours.
- Get matched to the right therapist for you by answering a few questions to find a licensed therapist who fits your needs and preferences. Tap into the largest network of licensed, professional providers.
- Communicate your way. Talk to your therapist however you feel comfortable — text, chat, phone, or video.
- Therapy when you need it! You can message your therapist at any time, from anywhere. You also get to schedule live sessions when it’s convenient for you and can connect from either a mobile device or computer.
- The free month includes up to 4 sessions, so do not delay and let the month run out! It cannot be extended.
- You will need to provide a payment card when you sign up – this is for identity verification and billing after the free month ends. However, you can cancel or pause your BetterHelp service.
- You can subscribe to BetterHelp on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Meaning you will be billed for these periods in advance. A typical month (subject to change at any time) is about USD$320.00.
- This benefit to our SCARS STAR Members is designed to help scam victims recover from the serious trauma they experience and is typically much less expensive than regular in-office therapy or counseling. A typical in-office hour session can be between USD$100 to $200, which in the monthly subscription each session is about $60 plus you receive an additional 15% discount because of SCARS.
- Caution: do not sign up with BetterHelp directly or this benefit does not apply. This offer does not apply to current, active members with BetterHelp. If you are already using BetterHelp, you can end your subscription, and start a new one through our benefit to take advantage of this offer.
Who Are The Therapists?
Therapists on BetterHelp are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (Ph.D. / PsyD), licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFT) licensed clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC). All of them have a Master’s Degree or a Doctorate Degree in their field. They have been licensed by their state/province/country after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training, and practice. While their experience, expertise, and background vary, they all possess at least 3 years and 1,000 hours of hands-on experience.
Who Will Be Helping You?
After you sign up, they will match you to an available therapist based on your needs, preferences, and location. Different therapists have different approaches and areas of focus, so it’s important to find the right person who can achieve the best results for you. BetterHelp has found that they are able to provide a successful match most of the time; however, if you start the process and you feel your therapist isn’t a good fit for you, you may elect to be matched to a different therapist.
How Will I Communicate With My Therapist?
You can get therapy in four ways:
- Exchanging messages with your therapist
- Chatting live with your therapist
- Speaking over the phone with your therapist
- Video conferencing with your therapist
You can use different ways at different times as you wish, based on your needs, availability, and location.
Can BetterHelp Substitute For Traditional Face-To-Face Therapy?
The professionals who work through BetterHelp are licensed and credentialed therapists to provide therapy and counseling. However, while the service may have similar benefits, it’s not capable of substituting for traditional face-to-face therapy in every case. Please note that your provider won’t be able to make any official diagnosis, to fulfill any court order or prescribe medication.
How Long Can I Use BetterHelp?
This depends on your needs and varies a lot from one person to another. Some people feel they get most of the value after just a few weeks, while others prefer to stick to the program for an extended period of time. This is completely up to you.
Visit BetterHelp For More Information!
To purchase your One Year SCARS STAR Membership please visit join.AgainstScams.org
* Subject to change without notice