Volunteer Service Agreement for the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
What is a Volunteer?
A Volunteer is an Individual that if offering their time to help support the mission of SCARS in helping to support victims.
To apply to be a Volunteer with SCARS in the assistance and support of scam victims, their families, friends, or the general public, each Volunteer needs to read and accept this agreement.
To confirm your acceptance to the Volunteer Services Agreement on this page complete the form fields at the bottom of the page.
You are welcome to save a copy of this page (CTRL-S) or print it (CTRL-P) for your records.
If there are updates to the agreement we may request that you confirm your acceptance for the newer version again.
We sincerely thank you for agreeing to help SCARS and especially for your invaluable help in assisting scam victims!
After you submit this form, our Review Committee will decide on your status and if you will be accepted. You are not approved until you receive a formal approval from SCARS.
Vianey Gonzalez, Director
Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
A Tax-Exempt Nonprofit U.S. Corporation Supporting Victims Worldwide
SCARS Volunteer Services Agreement (“Agreement”)
This Agreement, made on [current_date] by and between the individual volunteer named below hereinafter referred to as “Volunteer”, and the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc., a nonprofit corporation domiciled in the United States of America hereinafter referred to as “SCARS”
The “Volunteer” desires and intends to donate their time or personal services to SCARS, and SCARS intends to accept the donation of the Volunteer’s services.
In consideration of the mutual promises, the parties hereto agree as follows:
FOR INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEERS
1. The “Volunteer” agrees to donate time or services to SCARS in the capacity of a “Victims’ Assistance Support & Educational Volunteer.” These services shall include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist Scam Victims to find and join SCARS’ Victims Groups on Social Media
- Assist Scam Victims by guiding them to appropriate SCARS publications
- Assist Scam Victims by helping to engage in dialog providing knowing and caring support
- Assist SCARS in properly representing their messages and reputation in public and within Scam Victim Communities
- And additional requirements as may be defined by SCARS (see here)
- SCARS reserves the right to amend and alter Volunteer requirements
- A Volunteer may end their volunteering with SCARS at any time
Additionally, the Volunteer understands and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- A Volunteer will never engage in any hostile actions with could harm Crime Victims or the reputation or professional standing of SCARS.
- A Volunteer will comply with all SCARS Code of Conduct and other applicable Standards and Policies identified by SCARS as being a requirement for Volunteers (see www.AgainstScams.org).
- The Volunteer’s services are without monetary compensation (in the event that there is any monetary compensation it must be disclosed and approved by SCARS).
- A Volunteer is not an employee, contractor, nor sub-contractor of SCARS and expects no present or current or future salary, wages, or other benefits for these voluntary services of any type.
- Individual Volunteer agrees to follow the supervision and direction of SCARS personnel, employees, or other volunteer, to whom volunteer has been assigned to perform services as may be designated by SCARS management.
- A Volunteer agrees to participate in any training required by SCARS in order to perform the voluntary services (as long as there is no cost to the Volunteer or Partner) and is customary and reasonable.
- A Volunteer further understands that it may be representing SCARS in the performance of voluntary services and shall act professionally without conflict or other inappropriate actions at all times.
- The Volunteers shall be solely responsible for their own actions.
- Unless otherwise designated by separate agreement or notice, the Volunteer is not a shareholder, board member, or officer of SCARS.
- Volunteer further agrees that Volunteer will fully cooperate with SCARS and its agents in any investigation, lawsuit, arbitration, or any other legal or quasi-legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement or the actions of the Volunteer.
- The Volunteer may terminate their voluntary service relationship or affiliation with SCARS at any time, however, all requirements will be voided but the terms of this Agreement shall remain binding.
- SCARS may terminate this voluntary services agreement and or affiliation at any time for any reason.
- Please refer to our SCARS Policy on Volunteering
I, the “Volunteer” signing below understand that my Volunteer relationship or affiliation will begin when approved by SCARS and include such duties and responsibilities as may be agreed.