Volunteer Service Agreement for the Society fo Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
To be a Volunteer working with SCARS in the assistance and support of scam victims, their families, friends, or the general public, each Volunteer needs to read and accept this agreement.
To confirm your acceptance to the Volunteer Services Agreement on this page complete the form fields at the bottom of the page.
You are welcome to save a copy of this page (CTRL-S) or print it (CTRL-P) for your records.
If there are updates to the agreement we may request that you confirm your acceptance for the newer version again.
We sincerely thank you for agreeing to help SCARS and especially for your invaluable help in assisting scam victims!
Dr. Tim McGuinness
Chairman & Founder
Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc.
A Tax-Exempt Nonprofit Corporation
SCARS Volunteer Services Agreement (“Agreement”)
This Agreement, made on 6th April 2020 by and between the “Volunteer” named below hereinafter referred to as “Volunteer”, and the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Inc., a nonprofit corporation domiciled in the United States of America hereinafter referred to as “SCARS”
The Volunteer desires and intends to donate their time or personal services to SCARS, and said SCARS intends to accept the donation of the Volunteer’s services.
In consideration of the mutual promises, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. The Volunteer agrees to donate time or services to SCARS in the capacity of a “Victims’ Assistance Support & Educational Volunteer.” These services shall include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist Scam Victims to find and join SCARS’ Victims Groups on Social Media
- Assist Scam Victims by guiding them to appropriate SCARS publications
- Assist Scam Victims by helping to engage in dialog providing knowing and caring support
- Assist SCARS in properly representing their messages and reputation in public and within Scam Victim Communities
2. Additionally the Volunteer understands and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Volunteer will never engage in any hostile actions with could harm Scam Victims or the reputation or professional standing of SCARS
- Volunteer will comply with all SCARS Code of Conduct and other applicable Standards and Policies identified by SCARS as being a requirement for Volunteers (see www.AgainstScams.org)
- The Volunteer’s services are without monetary compensation and are donated to SCARS
- Volunteer is not an employee, contractor, nor sub-contractor of SCARS and expects no present or current or future salary, wages, or other benefits for these voluntary services
- Volunteer agrees to follow the supervision and direction of any personnel, employee, or volunteer, to whom volunteer has been assigned to perform services as may be designated by SCARS management
- Volunteer agrees to participate in any training required by SCARS in order to perform the voluntary services (as long as there is no cost to the Volunteer)
- Volunteer further understands that it is representing SCARS in the performance of voluntary services and share act professionally without conflict or other inappropriate actions at all time
- Volunteer shall be solely responsible for their own actions
- Unless otherwise designated by separate agreement or notice, the Volunteer is not a shareholder, board member or officer of SCARS
- Volunteer further agrees that Volunteer will fully cooperate with SCARS and its agents in any investigation, lawsuit, arbitration, or any other legal or quasi legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement or the actions of the Volunteer
- Volunteer may terminate their voluntary service relationship with SCARS at any time, however all terms of this Agreement shall remain binding
- SCARS may terminate this voluntary services agreement at any time fro any reason
I, the Volunteer signing below understand that my Volunteer assignment will begin when approved by SCARS and include such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.