SCARS™ Launches New Campaign To Restrict Scammer Use Of Phone Numbers
Ban Access To U.S. VOIP Phone Numbers Without U.S. Residence or Incorporation Verification
SOLUTIONS DO NOT ALWAYS NEED TO BE COMPLICATED
Click Here For The Petition: « https://www.change.org/p/united-states-federal-communications-commission-ban-access-to-u-s-voip-phone-numbers-without-u-s-residence-or-incorporation-verification »
In today’s world anyone – literally, anyone anywhere in the world can obtain a FREE United States phone number for any purpose without any real identity verification.
This makes it easy for transnational cybercriminals (or anyone else) to engages in scams, cybercrimes, or other unlawful activities. Scammers from around the world use this available pool of phone numbers to execute criminal schemes freely and without any cost. If a phone number is reported and lost, they just obtain another one from any of dozens of services that provide these, including Google.
The tech companies that provide these services are (pending legal opinion to the contrary) immune from liability, so they have no incentive to change this situation.
We ask for something very simple. To obtain a U.S. Phone Number they must:
- Be a United States Resident or Registered Corporation
- Have their personal identity verified
- All use of the phone number or calls made from it must originate from within the United States, except where the verified person travels temporarily beyond the borders of the United States, and all other use would be prohibited
- Make it a Federal Crime to obtain a phone number under false pretenses
- All real persons applying for a U.S. phone number must explicitly agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding its use.
- Issuing services or providers must provide a publically accessible means to report improper use of the United States phone number and are obligated to investigate reports
- Issuing services or providers of such services or who provide access to United States phone numbers will have full liability if they fail to verify the identity of the registrant of the phone number or fail to investigate and resolve reports of misuse.
- This would apply to all use of a United States phone number, including for account registration purposes such as for online services (including SKYPE, WHATSAPP, and others)
If we can enact something this simple it would eliminate 99% of all phone scams, and use of United States phone numbers in transnational fraud, scams, and cybercrime.
We are petitioning the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, The United States Congress, and President Donald J. Trump for action on this matter.
THIS PETITION WAS CREATED AND IS AUTHORIZED BY THE SOCIETY OF CITIZENS AGAINST RELATIONSHIP SCAMS INC. A REGISTERED INCORPORATED NONPROFIT NONGOVERNMENTAL CRIME VICTIMS ASSISTANCE ORGANIZATION. VISIT WWW.AGAINSTSCAMS.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION
Miami Florida U.S.A.
WOULD YOU HELP US HELP SCAM VICTIMS?
TAGS: – SCARS, Petition, FCC, U.S. Federal Communications Commission, The United States Congress, President Donald J. Trump, Change.org, VOIP Phone Numbers, U.S. Phone Numbers, Phone Scams, Robocalls,
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – END – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
FAQ: How Do You Properly Report Scammers?
It is essential that law enforcement knows about scams & scammers, even though there is nothing (in most cases) that they can do.
Always report scams involving money lost or where you received money to:
- Local Police – ask them to take an “informational” police report – say you need it for your insurance
- Your National Police or FBI (www.IC3.gov »)
- The SCARS|CDN™ Cybercriminal Data Network – Worldwide Reporting Network on www.Anyscam.com »
This helps your government understand the problem, and allows law enforcement to add scammers on watch lists worldwide.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Visit our Main SCARS Facebook page for much more information about scams and online crime: www.facebook.com/Society.Against »
Please be sure to report all scammers on www.Anyscam.com »
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2019 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide – SCARS|RSN/Romance Scams Now & SCARS/Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated (formerly the Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams)
All original content is Copyright © 1991 – 2019 SCARS All Rights Reserved Worldwide & Webwide. Third-party copyrights acknowledge.
SCARS|RSN, RSN, Romance Scams Now, SCARS|WORLDWIDE, SCARS|GLOBAL, SCARS, Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams, Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams, SCARS|ANYSCAM, Project Anyscam, Anyscam, SCARS|GOFCH, GOFCH, SCARS|CHINA, SCARS|CDN, SCARS|UK, SCARS Cybercriminal Data Network, Cobalt Alert, Scam Victims Support Group, are all trademarks of Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated.
Contact the law firm for the Society of Citizens Against Relationship Scams Incorporated by email at legal@AgainstScams.org
Leave A Comment